Page 1 of 2
Peter de Zuñiga
- A Spaniard from Seville, he grew up in Mexico, where his father was the sixth Viceroy of the Spanish colony.
- Upon his return to Spain, he joined the Augustinians, and, after ordination, he requested to be sent to Japan and the missions there.
- Going first to the Philippines in 1610, he was later assigned to Japan, arriving there in 1620.
- Two years later, he was arrested and, with Blesseds Louis Flores, Joachim, Firayama, and the captain and crew which had transported them, was put to death.
- The crew was beheaded while the others were burned alive.